Monday, December 28, 2009

All We Got For Christmas Was A Welding Mask And A Jack LaLanne Power Juicer. It Was Awesome.

I hope everyone had a nice Holiday.

We hosted our family's annual Christmas Eve party again this year and aside from the nasty weather and minor church snafu, it went well. My in-laws spent the whole day with our kids playing in the indoor waterpark at the hotel where my BIL and his girlfriend were staying. Which in turn gave me the whole day to prepare food and clean the house all by MYSELF. It was wonderful!

Uncle B found out how not fun Christmas Eve mass is with 2 tired children and1 tired Grandma. Poor Binny and Grandma were falling asleep on each other so they all left 20 minutes into the service. Once everyone ate, they all started to liven up again just in time for presents.

Due to freezing rain, Santa didn't have time to stop and personally hand deliver the gifts to the children this year, so he just dropped the big red bag on the front porch and flew off back into the night. Or perhaps the Gardener thinks the girls are getting too old for the whole Santa thing.


Besides bringing lots of presents, Uncle B introduced all of us to his girlfriend, B. We all like her, especially the girls. Even Binny who was a bit suspicious at first warmed up to her after a few days together.

In keeping with our Cut The Crap Christmas, instead of going overboard on store bought gifts this year, Grandma N gave the girls her dollhouse from when she was a child. This 50s dollhouse is incredible. The house itself is made from sheet metal and the furnishings are all hard plastic, complete with a stand up ashtray!
The Gardener's parents always get us each a gift, and this year it was a welding mask for the Gardener...
And a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer for me! The girls and I were so pumped to try it, we juiced every fruit and veggie in the house. *Note to self, broccoli does not make great juice.
Hope you were all on Santa's nice list!

12 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas. That dollhouse looks great. I had a similar one when I was a kids. Love the photos of the girls by the tree.

LL Cool Joe said...

What a wonderful collection of photos Aliceson!

The Gardener is quite a flashy dresser too! ;)

Glad you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

Awesome! My Aunt has a sheet metal kitchen set, but she claims it's "not safe" for Violet to play with. I might revisit that issue. The dollhouse looks so fun.

sheila said...

Awesome juicer!!!! But if I had that welding mask? OMG! I could scare the livin crap out of EVERYONE I know! Awesome mask!!!

Love the pics! Love the little doll house! Very sweet! Loved the story about gramma and the little one falling asleep 20 minutes in, ha ha ha. That happens to me a lot. That's why I just stay home now.

;o)

Riot Kitty said...

Broccoli juice? eeeeeew

Kim said...

I love the doll house! I saw an infomercial with Jack Lalane-- is he still alive? The man was like 100 and swimming 50 laps or something.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Great holiday spirits here, I love the smiles of your precious girls, they seem happy and in good nature.

happy holiday to you!

http;//www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
just in case you wonder where I live.

Mandy said...

That dollhouse is incredible! Such an awesome gift! The pictures are great!

Shady Lady said...

Crap! The one thing Princess' dollhouse is missing...a stand up ashtray.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann Imig said...

And the windfall continues! Chris selected your comment, so you receive "Pacify Me." Congrats! The rosary advice was truly hilarious and deserved to win.

email me your mailing address to annsrants@yahoo.com and I'll pass it along to him.

Great photos, and LOVE that dollhouse.

Ann

sheila said...

ok, where have you been? lol. Are you having fun with DAYS? lol. Vivian, she cracks me up. Lovin all the flash backs.

Blog soon. :) Happy new year!!!!