Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Garden Club

Many of the plants (and weeds!) have died off and stopped producing, making the bright orange giant pumpkins and different types of winter squash hiding in the garden more visible. I'm still getting okra and tomatoes and LOTS of peppers, mostly red and yellow bell. I thought the zucchini and summer squash had died but they seem to have caught a second wind and are producing AGAIN. But you'll just have to picture that all in your heads because it's raining here today and since I already went outside once this morning and got completely soaked, I don't feel like doing it again.

Good thing I have been stockpiling garden photos for such a rainy day. While we were visiting family in Minnesota I just had to peek in on their gardens.

My mom, once again this year grew a small, unauthorized garden outside of her little condo.
She grew tomatoes, beans, peas, cucumbers, basil, mint and some other things I can't remember right now.
Looking good right?

My brother-in-law's garden on the other hand is sort of a lost cause at this point. At least it's not under water this year.

Now for all you gardeners out there who wish to participate, either leave a comment on what's growing in your yard, or post a Monday Garden Club update on your blog. Don't forget to drop your link in the comments and I'll add it to this post.

Participating Blogs:
Out In Them Sticks

2 comments:

Typical Suburban Family said...

My garden is barely hanging in there. I actually planted some lettuce in hopes of keeping it going a while longer. I'm thinking now that it's cooling off in ATL maybe I'll have better gardening luck this fall. We'll see how that theory goes....

Out in Them Sticks said...

Enjoy the rain!! It's been so dry here that on our farm tour you could here a lot of "crunching" when walking on the grass it was so dry!!

Go mom on those plants!!