Monday, January 31, 2011

Nature Connections: January

is a collaborative link collection
posted at the end of each month
on Living and Learning.

Its purpose is to showcase photos of children
enjoying nature to inspire all of us to get outdoors more.



We must be in some sort of winter weather pattern that is giving us the most beautifully sunny and calm Sundays. The last 3 have been perfect for ice skating, so that's what we've been doing.


Don't get me wrong, the kids love ice skating on Grandma and Grandpa's pond, but since someone else *ahem* recently bought a pair of skates, he's been working on some fancy moves of his own.

Be sure to stop by Living and Learning for all of the other Nature Connections links!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! and the chairs... hilarious! thanks for the comment on my blog today. nice to "meet" you.

Two Demented Dames said...

I've never tried the chair. I think I could actually skate that way. It really looks fun.

Riot Kitty said...

Um. Brr.

Shady Lady said...

A chair! Now why didn't I think of that! Although, I don't think the ice rink people will let me schlep a chair onto the rink.

Sherry Gann said...

I've never ice-skated outdoors. (Actually, I've only tried a couple of times indoors.) But this looks super fun. Love to see dad doesn't leave all the fun to the kids! :)

Thanks for linking with Nature Connections. I hope you'll join us again next month.

MJ said...

this looks so much fun! I haven't been ice skating in years, at least not on a real pond. They do rinks here in FL around Christmas time, but it isn't the same :).

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great photos. Love the last shot of your hubby. Looks like fun.