Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Garden Club

Another big harvest this week.  Actually this was all picked just yesterday!  I have a lot of work ahead of me to preserve all of this but I know how good garden veggies taste in the middle of winter, so it's worth it.  I plan to make some soup today, blanch and freeze the rest of the broccoli and beans and make more roasted veggie pasta sauce this week.  I made some pasta sauce last week and took photos that will be up here complete with instructions in the next few days.  The girls start school on Thursday, so I'm hoping I will be able to blog a little more and visit blogs a little more as well.  I feel so out of the loop lately, not reading and commenting on all my favorite blogs, but I will be back soon!


 




I have decided to discontinue using the Linky for connecting other bloggers and their gardens, so if anyone else is gardening this week and blogging about it, drop your link in the comments below and I'll you to this post.  Happy Gardening!

Participating Bloggers:

5 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

great bounty. My garden is pretty done. We are still getting tomatoes but all the squash and zucchini plants died before producing squash and zucchini.

Jenni said...

What a gorgeous harvest!

Riot Kitty said...

Nom! Especially the tomatoes.

verdemama said...

My broccoli recently flowered before I got to it :( But I had a good tomato/pepper/potato harvest today. Roasted veg pasta sauce sounds super Yum! http://verdemama.blogspot.com/2011/08/down-home-kind-of-day.html

Shady Lady said...

That is some haul! Wow!! Everything looks delicious. Yummmm....