Monday, February 8, 2010

RTT- Short And Sweet

randomtuesday

Again I'm cheating and writing this Monday night. 2nd shift still. Dinner was chicken noodle soup. The shitty kind from the can, which also happens to be Binny's favorite. I wasn't feeling the power to fight over yet another meal today so I caved and now she's full and happy and sleeping. I call it a win.

Mae came home from school early today. Not feeling well. She laid in the recliner most of the day. I gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed. Tonight would also be the first night in many that she hasn't come down with the complaint of not being tired. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Speaking of tomorrow and bringing... we're expecting snow! Not Snowpocalypse snow, but maybe enough to close school and give us more time to make Valentine cards. The girls' class Valentine's Day parties are this Friday and we haven't even thought about making Valentine cards yet.

My Mother-in-law lost over 65 pounds and wrote her weight loss story to share with all of the Internet! Although being overweight has never been an issue for me (almost the opposite, in fact), I know many people do struggle with their weight and I'm so happy for them when they finally get a grasp on it. Bravo, Linda!

I finished our taxes and filed them. Our refund should be here in a week and then maybe, just maybe I'll convince my husband to go out and buy some new clothes. There are only so many times I can effectively spot treat the same greasy sweatshirt, and don't even get me started on those hole-y jeans. I'm thinking $200 cash at Fleet Farm should outfit him pretty well, as long as he doesn't wander into the tractor parts section...

That's it for me. Be sure Click to over to Keely's blog for the whole Random Tuesday line-up.

8 comments:

rachel... said...

No school for us today! The snow is coming down already...

Soup from a can = a tired Mom's best friend! :)

Can't wait for our tax return, although my big plans are to catch up on BILLS! Yuck.

Hope Mae is feeling better today!

Unknown said...

Our tax return will be here soon as well, and although I promised my husband I would buy lingerie with my part of the fun money...I think I'm going to buy some good old lady bras instead.

I am Harriet said...

Wow- 65 pounds is great!

Have a great Tuesday!

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/02/are-you-tired-of-all-of-super-bowl.html

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I wish my kids would eat soup-from a can or homemade. They are too picky. 65 lbs is awesome. I'm going to check out her story.

Chris said...

Wow, it's a good thing you mentioned Valentines cards!! I completely forgot about them! Too much going on this week apparently. So,thank you!

Jenni said...

happy tuesday, enjoy your snow!

Shady Lady said...

When did they start putting soup in cans? ;)

Wild Child said...

So, are you surviving the sickness and the snow? We can't seem to shake the illness. Dear Andrew came down with the same stuff as dear Willa the week before. And me, well, I don't wish shingles on anyone. I need to go find my ibuprofen now and get to bed!