Saturday, April 3, 2010

Deviled

Before we could dye our eggs earlier this week, we had to use up the eggs that the girls colored with Grandma and Grandpa last week. Why they were sent home with the girls instead of staying at Grandma's house, I have no idea. Anyhow, we had a carton full and another batch cooking on the stove for dyeing, so I had to think fast one afternoon before lunch.

As a child I absolutely loved deviled eggs, especially when Grandma Dee would make them, but as an adult with a skepticism for mayonnaise, I limit my intake of these potluck favorites to only ones that have been expertly prepared and appropriately refrigerated. That's why it was due time to teach Binny how to make them.



A rite of passage of sorts, although we didn't make them old lady style by sprinkling the tops with paprika.

7 comments:

rachel... said...

Yum! I love deviled eggs! Especially old lady style. I've made them once or twice but they never taste as good as when someobody else has made them. You should post your recipe!

Aliceson said...

A recipe? Ha! I pretty much just mash up the yolks, add a tablespoon or so of mayo, a few squirts of yellow mustard, a sprinkling of sugar and salt and pepper.

Rachel, do you want me to mail you a box full? The mayo will keep for a few days in transport, right?

Unknown said...

I wish I liked deviled eggs. It would really make disposing of all these Easter eggs a lot easier.

Riot Kitty said...

Those pics are hilarious! I don't think I've ever eaten a deviled egg, believe it or not.

Shady Lady said...

I love deviled eggs but can't remember the last time I had them. Perhaps it's time to make some...maybe that'll be lunch tomorrow. I'm inspired!

Out in Them Sticks said...

I'm a sucker for tradition... bring on the paprika!

Jenni said...

I sprinkle the tops of mine with cumin for an extra kick.