Monday, March 14, 2011

Ice Fishing 2011

Who wants to go ice fishing?  Oh, Flash, do you want to go ice fishing?  Shadow will be there.

How about you, Binny?

For the third year in a row, we all bundled up and went ice Fishing at my in-laws' pond, with my brothers along as guides (the guys who show up with all of the equipment, set everything up and stick their hands into freezing holes in the ice to set the lines and pull out the fish).

The girls, with some little help from Uncle T, caught quite a few fish (way more than Uncle K) and released them all back into the pond.  

6 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

At least you don't have those small shacks (houses really) like they do in MN!

LL Cool Joe said...

Boy that looks cold! Great photos!

Two Demented Dames said...

The pictures were great, although I can't believe you all were smiling. It was in the forties today and I felt like slugging someone. It's March for Pete's sake. But..., no snow, blooms are coming out everywhere, we have had days in the 60s. So thank you for making me smile.., at myself. I'm glad the kids had a great time.
And, yes, my dogs would love it.

Jenni said...

The photos are lovely as always, but I have to say, honestly, nothing about that looks fun to me. I'm glad your girls enjoyed it, though.

sheila said...

I love these posts about ice fishing, it just looks so awesome!

Typical Suburban Family said...

That looks ridiculously cold. No thank you. It's been 85 and sunny here most of the last 2 weeks. I complained yesterday when it was 65. I'm a whimp.