Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wardrobe Wednesday

Oh look! It's another photo from Jamaica. Surprise, surprise!

The Gardener bought this new shirt for the trip and I bought this new dress. I went shopping at Old Navy about a week before we left, hoping I would find something bright and springy. I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this next part (fully prepared for everyone to mutter 'skinny bitch' under their breath), but here goes. After trying on every size extra-small dress in the entire store with none of them even remotely fitting my small frame, I ventured into the girls section and picked out this bright little number, girls size extra-large. I just hope when I wear it to a wedding or some other event this summer, I don't encounter a 5 year old wearing the same dress.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Before pregnancy expanded my bosom to its current proportions, I used to wear boys tee-shirts. You look adorable ;)

Maude Lynn said...

It looks adorable on you!

Two Demented Dames said...

You look adorable and yes I do hate you! I think I was that small at 8. My oldest is 19 5'11" and she couldn't fit into that and she is so skinny (no chest at all) that if she turned you would miss her.
I've been so busy and sick that I missed that you all went to Jamaica so I now officially "hate" you. Was it warm? Was there a nice breeze? Did the water feel wonderful? I'll just live vicariously through your experience.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the dress. Very cute. And yeah, I'm jealous.

LL Cool Joe said...

It suits you definitely! I love seeing bright colours. :)

Riot Kitty said...

Great pic! You both look super happy.

sheila said...

lol on the dress! But that is SO cool~ my daughter is like that, she is 18 and shops the girls section. She's a shawty too, lol. And a skinny. :o)

You two look wonderfully relaxed!!!!!!

rachel... said...

You and the Gardener are sickeningly adorable! Ah, I haven't shopped the girls section in a few years, but mark my words, I will be by this summer! (Thanks to the Jillian Michaels DVD you sent!)

Jennifer said...

I never would have guessed it was a "girl's" dress. I guess I'll go looking and see if my favorite 7 year old will want to wear it. LOL