Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Garden Club

Monday Garden Club

I moved the plants outside into the greenhouse for good last Friday.  We still wheel them into the garage overnight, but they are now able to handle dropping down to 40 degrees without a problem.


There has, however, been one problem with the new arrangement.

Yesterday, after I flipped down the door to water the plants, the wind (That damn wind!) caught the back window like a sail and smashed it to the ground in several hundred pieces.

Less than an hour later, the Gardener was finished replacing the windows, and the greenhouse was back in business.  This is exactly why we save old windows. 
This time he added some more screws to the frame to make sure this doesn't happen again.



The girls and I went to a garden center over the weekend (I love to make the rounds this time of year.) and they each picked out a begonia.  They are both sitting patiently in the greenhouse until the weather cooperates a little bit more.  Today is another windy one but the sun is shining and drying up the puddles.



Peony shoots



Anybody else gardening this week? If so, grab the Monday Garden Club button on my sidebar, paste it to your blog entry and link up below with Mr. Linky.


5 comments:

sheila said...

Wow, I saw that on FB with the window, but that's pretty bad! Good thing you've got someone who is handy like that, looks great!

LL Cool Joe said...

Every one needs a gardener. ;)

Everything looks like it's growing well!

Riot Kitty said...

Yippee! We've had a few days of sun and my basil plant has been sneaking outdoors during the day.

Don't forget about your award!

Shady Lady said...

I had plans to put the starts in the ground. But alas, I am too sick to even thing about that. I have summoned the energy to water the seeds we started indoors as well as the starts that are waiting to be put outside. I'll post next week...I've got to be healthy by then!

denise said...

Beautiful! ANd I want one of those wheelie mini greenhouses!!! We have such limited space here, and that is so wonderful. Hmm.

I have been pretending that it hasn't been more like March than May a bit this week, and so have been taking care of my indoor seedlings, but haven't even considered moving more outside to harden off. :)