Monday, November 3, 2008

Time for Change

Since we changed the clocks back yesterday I have had a hard time adjusting. I've never really noticed before except the extra hour of sleep, which is usually very helpful. Maybe it was that my sleep Saturday night was anything but sound. Binny came down around 3:30 with a fever and a seriously snotty nose. After we got her some Tylenol and and a couple of good nose blows she crawled into bed with us, but by this time she couldn't sleep. About an hour later after being kicked for the umpteenth time I decided that I would take my sick kid into the living room to see if there happened to be any cartoons on the TV, and I lucked out. We laid in the recliner and watched cartoons until the Sunday morning political shows started. Then Binny says "Mom I'm hungry now." That was my cue to turn off Meet The Press and make breakfast.

Maybe we're all ready for this election to be over. Can you believe it's been two long years already? I never would have guessed that it would be down to Barack Obama and John McCain. What ever happened to Ron Paul, Hillary Clinton, Rudy Guiliani, and the rest of the gang? Does it all come down to the issues? I sure hope so, but how can anyone tell when the focus is on
hairstyles, $150,000 wardrobes, and false ads.

Vote Tomorrow!
Then hopefully we can move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aliceson! It's Jim's cousin Kathy Butler! Shari sent me a link to your blog and I am thoroughly enjoying it! You write so well (your sense of humor is more than apparent!)Your girls are darling! Can't wait to keep up with all of you and your dogs and your painting. God bless-