Friday, June 12, 2009

The Kindergarten Picnic Wouldn't Be Complete Without Tears

Yesterday was the big Kindergarten picnic in the park. Mae has missed too many fun events lately as a result of her illness, so this was extra special for her. The teachers had everything planned to a T so that all of the children and parents were included in the fun. There was a big playground...Bubbles...
This little boy was the ultimate bubble blower
(I tried to get this photo without the woman in the unfortunate hot pink sweat suit but she was unavoidable)

Chalk...Parents looking goofy using their digital cameras...
I know what your thinking, yes I do have a digital camera, but I hold mine up to my eye, not 2 feet in front of my face.

And the big event of the day, a parents against kids kickball game...

The kids won!

There was one emotional moment for Mae when I exercised my parental veto on the wheelbarrow race. I thought it wouldn't be a great idea if something happened to Mae's PICC line (inserted in her right bicep). Mae cried and the teacher apologized, but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. There are, and should be limits to her activity, after all she was hospitalized with a serious bone infection less than a month ago.

11 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

I love the bubble pictures! I want to do bubbles like that ;)

Unknown said...

;)

Banteringblonde said...

awesome party and LMAO at the woman in the unfortunate pink hot suit!

Shady Lady said...

Poor Mae! That must have been so hard for her.

And the pink sweats...in public...seriously, what was she thinking?

Grandpa Eddie said...

YESSSSS! The kids beat the parents!
That's the way it should be when it comes to kick ball.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

That bubble blower is awesome. great photos of Mae.

Ute said...

I hold my digital camera up to my eye as well. :)

Beautiful pictures!!

sheila said...

Good/smart choice on the wheel barrow race.

That is the coolest bubble blower EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet!

And, no, it wouldn't be complete without tears. Such a milestone, really!

Debbie said...

I hold my camera up too. My old eyes can't see out of it otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics! Especially the ones of Mae running... I am one of those goofy people who holds the camera two feet in front of my face. Do we really look that dorky? lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ideas! I think I'll pass on the Castor Oil, but helping build stuff sounds kind of appealing. Anything's better than just sitting around waiting!