Well, the doctor's office called back and wanted to see Mae this afternoon to check her out. Her doc wasn't there so she ended up having to see someone else. He thought her glands were a bit swollen and said her tonsils looked red and puffy (I also looked in her mouth and thought the same thing). They did the always fun throat swab thingy to check for strep and it came back negative. I'm not surprised by that finding because that was the very bacteria (Strep A) that Mae was being treated for, but doc. wanted to rule it out. Her lab test results from yesterday were excellent so hopefully this was just a fluke. So, for now we'll just wait and see what happens next. Her fever has gone down and she says she feels better so that eases my mind, but still I get nervous when she has a setback like this.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read my post from earlier today.