Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Garden Club


Get your gardening gloves and knee pads ready. It's time for another installment of Monday Garden Club.



The garden is growing by leaps and bounds these days. The weather finally warmed up and we've had just enough rain showers that everything is lush and beautiful. Even my Mortgage lifter tomato seems to have perked up!
sugar snap pea plants

And the best part of a garden, the fresh produce! Ready this week were:

Spinach...
Lettuce...
Radishes...
Strawberries...
These strawberries were actually from the pick your own strawberry farm down the road. My garden has only yielded about 3 strawberries so far, not even close to enough for our habit.

I also was the lucky recipient of a grocery bag full of fresh oregano. I separated the stems into bunches, tied them with some twine and hung them up to dry. I should have enough to last me quite a while. Now for all you gardeners out there who wish to participate, either leave a comment on what's growing in your yard, or post a Monday Garden Club update on your blog. Don't forget to drop your link in the comments, I'll add you to this post.
Participating Bloggers
Wild Child at Naked Opinions

9 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Yum! I love fresh produce. My garden is so small compared to yours. We need some more sun to grow stuff here.

Wild Child said...

Should I mention the six tomato plants in their pots with little green tomatoes on them already? I guess I will. I am jealous of your lettuce patch. I wish we had more room.

Riot Kitty said...

Yum!

Shady Lady said...

Awww man! Look at your strawberries. I had one little strawberry and a bird took it. Grrr...

LL Cool Joe said...

Great photos. Now that food does look fresh!

sheila said...

looks great! I think my carrots might be getting ready...but I'm not sure. I'll probably leave them in the ground too long and then they won't be any good. Have have no clue what I'm doing,..lol

Anonymous said...

My oregano plant is huge if you want me to split some for you. (I actually round-up'd a quarter of it this spring b/c it was taking over) --L

Tami said...

Wow, great garden! You have inspired me! I took pictures of my garden and just have to post them.

leigh said...

I'm not worthy to even comment on this post! This is the worst/most neglected garden I have EVER planted. I have 5 tomato plants in the ground that I haven't even checked on! How horrible is that. Why you ask? (ok, you didn't really ask) Between the 3 year long drought and then the torrential rains that finally came and washed away half my yard, I'm beaten...for now. I must confess I do have some strawberry plants also...and blackberry bushes. But I planted a sage plant in the middle of the bed. It pays to read the tag...I didn't know it was a perenial, or that it would get to be the size of my house.

Bottom line, I'm jealous of your garden!