Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Eve

It's almost 9AM and Binny is still asleep upstairs and only a few minutes ago Mae made her way down the steps and asked if it was morning. Looking out the window, you wouldn't know. The fog is so thick that the neighbor's house is hidden. The wind continues to howl and the rain stops and starts. The girls didn't have school yesterday or today because of teacher conventions. We were hoping to spend some time outside but it looks like the weather will be nasty again today. I just hope the fog and rain clears out and warms up a bit for trick-or-treating tomorrow. The costumes are all ready to go and I can't wait for the girls to wear them.

This morning since the girls were sleeping anyway, I read through my blog reader and now I'm even more excited for Halloween. Halloween is all anyone seems to be talking about, except for Helen. I was thinking just yesterday that Helen hadn't posted in a while. Turns out her husband Harold is in the hospital, but she's says he's improving. If you don't read the blog Margaret and Helen then you probably have no idea who I'm talking about but that also means you may be living under a rock and need to catch up on her reading. She's a hip old gal with a firm grasp on current events and a firm word for all of the noisemakers newsmakers. She caught my attention last year in the weeks before the presidential election with her spot on commentary and great sense of humor.

Other than that, I'm planning on a quiet day. Hopefully this extra sleep means that my girls will be in a good mood today. Maybe we'll make these pumpkin streusel muffins.

Come back tomorrow for Halloween photos!

5 comments:

Tana said...

Oh Yum save one for me! Have a happy halloween!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see photos of the girls!!

Riot Kitty said...

Reading your blog always makes me hungry! I *love* Margaret and Helen - I'll send some good thoughts for her hubby.

LL Cool Joe said...

Well we don't celebrate Halloween either, but I hope you and your family have loads of fun. :)

sheila said...

Mmmmmmmmm. I should go check out Helen. If I can lift this rock off me, lol