Friday, June 4, 2010

Oliver 2000-2010

He just wasn't getting any better so last night the Gardener and his dad laid Oliver to rest out in an area at my in-laws' house that is now more than ever labeled as the pet cemetery. The Gardener crossed Oliver's big giant paws for him and placed his purple rubber ducky right in front of his nose, the way he liked it.
We're all sad. I cried off and on all day yesterday and couldn't even go along to deliver him to his final resting place. I stayed at home and did some theraputic weeding out in the garden. The Gardener and his dad had a hard time with it too while my mother-in-law took the kids out for ice cream.
The kids have actually been handling this very well. Binny knew he was sick and knew he was going to be buried at grandma and Grandpa's house but when I talked to her about how it was all going to work out, she did start to tear up. She put on her tough girl face for me as my eyes were filling with tears and insisted that her eyes were watering because she was tired. Mae too, so strong and brave for the adults. As we weep over the loss of our sweet Oliver I can't help but remember what a precious part of this family he was.

He will be missed.

16 comments:

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

What a sweet remembrance. Rest in Peace, Oliver.

rachel... said...

*tears*

I'm so sorry, Aliceson. What a big, sweet, important part of your family. I can only imagine how much you all miss him. The pictures are amazing - he's gorgeous.

Shady Lady said...

Oh Aliceson...I am so very sorry. I'm sitting here crying for all of you. So, so sad... (((hugs)))

Riot Kitty said...

I am so sorry! I am glad you had him as long as you did. His spirit will still be running around there, to be sure.

Out in Them Sticks said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! He had an awesome life having you guys around and vice versa. Big hug!
M.

Out in Them Sticks said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. He had an awesome life having you guys around and I'm sure, vice versa. Big hug!
M.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'm so sorry. *Tears*

Unknown said...

Good bye Oliver! I will miss seeing photos of your big, sweet face.

Hugs to all of you. I have to go now, my eyes are leaking.

sheila said...

Good bye sweet bloggy doggy friend. I'll miss you.

*crying again*

Bonnie Domrois said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. We will miss looking over and seeing that very large furbaby walking around the yard, followed by a usually clueless-looking Rocco. I am going to miss being slimed when I come over and leaned on for more petting to the point where I lose my balance. He was a sweet, gentle soul and he will be missed my many.

Jenni said...

Oh, Aliceson, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Jan said...

Oh, Aliceson, I'm so, so sorry. He looked like such a good doggy.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! We have a dog too and I already know how difficult that day will be for us as well. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Oliver.

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm so so sorry Aliceson.

Julia said...

I'm sorry for you and your family Aliceson.

Debbie said...

Pets are such an important part of our lives and families. I'm so sorry for your loss.