Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vintage Wardrobe Wednesday

I have a great photo (or 6) of my husband holding my purse while we were at a wedding reception last Saturday night. My purse actually coordinated with his outfit better than mine! As much as I would love to share it, I think he just might kill me if I do. Instead, I'll embarrass some other people.

We have been friends (although always long distance) with a certain Minnesota family for around 25 years now and have so many great childhood memories playing dress up and hide and seek over the years. They always had the best hide and seek houses. Their first house had 2 stair cases and the second had a great closet that tunneled under the eves upstairs. It was the best!

So glad our moms had the good sense to snap a few photos of one very classy dress up session...First off, that's me with the lovely mauve glasses and the blue beret, and that adorable pilgrim girl in front of me wearing the bonnet and sucking his thumb? Why that would be my brother K, and the diva next to him with the lovely charm bracelet and earrings just graduated from law school! I just hope those boys don't read this blog.

More Wardrobe Wednesday at Heathen Family Revival.

8 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like a fun group. Hope they don't read your blog ;)

Jenni said...

Wow, Mae is your spitting image.

Jenni said...

By which I of course mean, positively lovely. :)

Unknown said...

{{{{laughing}}}}

That looks like so much fun!

Christana said...

Actually, we DO read this blog, with great joy! I hope none of my parishioners do, though...and I'm forwarding this link to Andrew! Your garden is my gold standard for ours, and I LOVE hearing your voice over the computer. To 25+ years more of friendship - love you, Ali!

Christana (the other one with the giant glasses).

P.S. Remember "Seven? There are seven of you??" That trip to the Black Hills was awesome.

Riot Kitty said...

That is such a cute picture! Love the hat.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha love it!! I want to see the photo of your husband holding your purse now!

sheila said...

OMG, this is awesome! LOL