Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Goodness

Thursday Goodness is something my bloggy friend Wild Child has been doing for a few weeks now and this week I decided to join her. Speaking of Wild Child and and all things good...

She and her children joined us yesterday for an afternoon of strawberry picking (and eating!) and a fun game of kickball in our front yard.


Meeting a real life blogger, someone I only know through photos and stories and whatever else they post on their blog was a new one for me (and her too!) but I think we were both pleasantly surprised to learn exactly how normal we each are. The kids got along great and the two of us ate my favorite salad and chatted about everything from in-laws to health insurance and everything in between. It was a fun afternoon.

The Gardener is back to working full time! Still far away with a 3 hour round trip commute but it's work and should last at least a few months.

I'm shooting a wedding this Saturday! Funny thing how word travels that there is a photographer around. My brother's friend asked if I would photograph the wedding of some good friends as his gift to them. How cool is that? Even cooler is that instead of money I suggested we trade services and he agreed. I'll photograph this wedding for him and he is going to paint a portrait of our family! He is an exceptional artist and since we don't have very many family photos together (I prefer to stay on the other side of the camera) a painting would be neat to have. I'm hoping I can also convince him to do a sketch for this year's holiday card too...

Now if you'll excuse me, I have another 12 pounds of strawberries to deal with. I may post some photos of making freezer jam if anyone wants to learn how to do it...

6 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

So pleased the Gardner is back at work, I'm hoping my partner will get a new job soon!

I've never met another blogger in real life and have always been a bit worried about how it would go, so I'm really pleased you both had a good time!

Wild Child said...

Thanks for joining in! I'm making freezer jam tonight. We'll compare notes!

Riot Kitty said...

That's awesome about him working full-time and you photographing a wedding!

Unknown said...

I already said so on Wild Child's blog, but I am just a little jealous of your meet-up.

Good luck with your wedding gig. Weddings make me sweat....a lot ;)

sheila said...

HOly crap that's a LOT of berries! But how cool on the wedding! What a compliment to your abilities!!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Freezer jam sounds cool.