Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Baking

I know it seems a little weird to finally be posting Christmas stuff, you know, the day after Christmas. But until now, I have been so busy doing it all, that I didn't have time to blog about it.

So, these are the cookies that were on our cookie trays this year. Also the only gifts we gave out, other than to the kids, of course.

Peanut Butter Blossoms:
Chocolate Crackles:
These are The Gardener's favorite.

Spritz Gingerbread men decorated with royal icing:
The recipe included with my Spritz cookie gun makes a whopping 8 dozen!
Good thing they are so cute and bite size.


I didn't get a photo of the finished cookies but take my word for it, they were cute.

And of course I made a few of these Cherry Coconut Bonbons even though I really didn't have time for it.

I didn't make quite as many sweets as I have in years past, but I chose the favorites, and still have some left that we can nibble on for a few days yet.

Seeing photos of these sweet treats begs the question, what is your favorite holiday sweet?

5 comments:

Shady Lady said...

I love cookies!!! LK has baked a little for me...still waiting for more though. Maybe tomorrow?

Juli said...

We just gave out sweets too (except for Five). We should have made more than we did.

Riot Kitty said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of work. What do you mean you didn't make as many?! This looks like enough to open a bakery ;)

Kim said...

Oh my god were you baking for a small Eastern European army???

sheila said...

Now I totally feel like a slacker. Damn, girl, you really baked!