Sunday, October 19, 2008

Man Cave?... More Like Toy Box

Eventhough he won't easily admit it, my husband has two sheds that could be considered a man's paradise. Now don't expect to see a football game on Sunday afternoons or a fridge stocked with his favorite beer (He tracks mud through my house for that) but he has managed to collect quite a few "essentials" and believe it or not actually uses them. In no particular order- we are the owners of a motrcycle that doesn't currently run, a super-speedy commercial lawn mower, a scary pull behind lawn mowing nightmare, an ATV (to pull the scary lawn mowing nightmare of course) too many saws, drills, wrenches, etc., and what shop would be complete without a welder that scares my young children. Now don't get me wrong I love the fact that he's never asked me to mow the lawn or weld anything but at the same time he spends a lot of time building, fixing and maintaining lots of old junk.


Sometimes I think that it would be cheaper, easier and faster to hire someone, but no no we can't do that. "Why would we pay someone when I can do it, and honey you can help me?" Ummm, that's why. Maybe I don't want to re-roof our house 6 months pregnant or have my kitchen torn apart while he builds new cabinets from old wood he harvested from our barn.


All in all I approve of his man cave and most of it's contents, at least the stuff I can see from the door because usually I'm not wearing the most appropriate footwear for that mess.


I blame Parent bloggers Network and Bill Me Later for this all too personal look into my Man's Cave

No comments: