Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat?

How About A Trick?

For the past week my husband and I have been planning for today to be a family fun day. We both have the day off from work and the kids didn't have school, so I thought we would use up some passes we had for the local indoor water park. But we weren't about to tell the children that. They knew that Daddy wasn't going to work but that usually means a noisy project with a possibility that the power may be turned off for a short time. So this morning when Mae showed up in our room she began asking "So what's the plan?" She was shocked and a little sorry she asked when I told her that she and Binny were both going to be getting flu shots today. I know, I'm a mean mom but I couldn't resist.

By the time we got in the car they were both pleading with us, saying they would promise to be better hand-washers and not get sick this winter. My response- "Fat chance, flu shots for everyone!" When we got to the water park we both shouted Happy Halloween and all had a good laugh. Did they really think that Daddy would take the day off to help Mommy hold down two screaming kids to get flu shots? The joke's on me next month when we go through this for real.


Happy Halloween!





2 comments:

Out in Them Sticks said...

cute story! I'm reading up and they are quite funny. Thanks for sharing these with the world!

Unknown said...

Cute!