Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Garden Club


Get your gardening gloves and knee pads ready. It's time for another installment of Monday Garden Club.


The weather has been quite rainy and warm the last several days. The garden has resonded in a major way, the plants (and the weeds) are going nuts.


peas on the left fence, beans on the right



We
have
so
many
zucchini
that
they
are
starting
to
come
out
of
our
ears!

(this summer squash and zucchini were left in the garden one day too long. I swear overnight they must have doubled.)

Now for all you gardeners out there who wish to participate, either leave a comment on what's growing in your yard, or post a Monday Garden Club update on your blog. Don't forget to drop your link in the comments, I'll add you to this post.

8 comments:

Out in Them Sticks said...

our grape tomato is now so big, about 8 or 9 feet that it killed the large wooden stake that was a foot into the ground!

ditto on the zucchinis!!! I've been making donations to the local food pantry. :) At least someone will eat them!

Riot Kitty said...

Oh, I love the zucchini pic!! Your tomatoes look DELICIOUS by the way.

sheila said...

Damnit! I forgot it was monday, lol.

Love the zucchini out of the ears pic, blahhh aaaa haaa! :)

Can you freeze any of that stuff?

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I forgot to get the garden post ready. Next week I promise. My FIL weeded when they were over. Curious I know. Anyway your garden is awesome. You have inspired me to expand the garden next year.

Shady Lady said...

I took my pictures, but never got to the post. Eek! Oh well...maybe I'll post tomorrow. =)

LL Cool Joe said...

Beautiful Sunflower photo!

Gift of Green said...

Okay, totally off topic...but please email me at giftofgreen at gmail.com - I need to get "The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs" off to you tout suite! :)

Aliceson said...

Sheila, Yes I slice it and freeze or shred it up and freeze it for zucchini bread, cake.