Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Little Reminder

The bus just took Mae off to school. As she and I walked down the driveway to the bus, the screen door on the house flies open. Binny standing in the middle of the doorway in her pajamas arms a flailing, screaming "Mae forgot her Li-barry book!" After an "Oh Crickets!" I ran back to the house grabbed the book, handed it to Mae and Library day was saved. Thank you Binny!


Just last week her and I were out shopping, not fun new outfit shopping, it was Menards, but still an outing. I paid for my stuff which included 3-40 lb bags of water softener salt. Instead of me trying to control one of those monster flatbed carts, I decided to pull my car up to the doors and have a twenty something hunk load it into the trunk for me. I'll never learn. Binny and I walked out to the car, got in and I drove away. As we exit the parking lot Binny asks "where are we going?" Well, we're going home of course. "Nooooooo Mommy" as Binny starts to have a panic attack. "You forgot the saaa-aaallt!!!"


What would I do without her?

11 comments:

leigh said...

Such a funny twist of fate. After having children, you can't remember anything...but they won't let you forget!

Such Lovely Freckles said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that. Gotta love those little ones. :)

Funnyrunner said...

1. LOVE the adorable picture. I might have to stop reading your blog because it gives me girl-envy, what with my having 2 boys and all...
2. I followed the "I'll never learn" link and loved that post! (how do you put a link in there without the http address?) I'll look it up eventually...
3. I do the same thing! I have put a bunch of groceries through, paid for them, and just walked out with nothing in my hands.... Unfortunately, no Binny was there to remind me...

Momma Bear said...

she's such a sweety.

Rachel said...

So helpful!

Mine are especially good at reminding me that I've forgotten to serve them a drink at mealtime.

"MOM! You forgot my drink!"

"No, I did not forget, I just haven't gotten to it yet."

That same conversation three times a day. Every day.

sheila said...

Oh that's funny! I have one who can find anything. I bet the two of them together would be a powerful team! lol.

She's adorable! Cute pic!

T. Anne said...

Great pix! I have to agree with Leigh.

Banteringblonde said...

She is a beauty! I'm lucky I remember to get out of bed in the morning.

Riot Kitty said...

That is a sweet picture! Why can't my cats be as helpful as your kids? :)

Shady Lady said...

Children are awesome at remembering everything. Good thing I have a child, because I may have mentioned, I forget stuff...A LOT!

Heather said...

Thank goodness she reminded you!

How cute is that picture of her!