Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Many Photos, Few Words

At last I am home all by myself. The kids are off at school, the Gardener is back to work, and my grandparents went back to my Mom's yesterday. Just me, the boys and the crickets. And another beautiful late summer day. In fact weather was great all weekend.

My mom drove in from Minn. and both of my brothers made an appearance over the weekend to say goodbye to G&G. We probably won't see them again until next summer unless we decide to fly out to Arizona sometime this winter. Grandpa all but insisted we come for their 60th wedding anniversary. We'll see. Anyhow, we had a great visit.

Grandpa test drove my brother's new car. The little gray Cobalt passed the test.

My brother had breakfast in the garden, barefoot. And he's the city kid.Mae wore a sunflower in her hair.
We all played kickball and baseball.Binny rode her go-cart around and round.

Grandpa played my Ukulele. (Yes it's mine but I don't play. We keep it around for Gramps.) I hadn't heard the She's Too Fat For Me polka in years. A real treat.
The kids played in the barn.
I'll miss my Grandparents dancing in the kitchen and the big meals too, but after 2 weeks it's nice to get off the sofabed and back to our own bedroom. My grandparents always take our room because it's on the first floor and just easier for them.

I had a lot more to write about but Binny will be home soon and I haven't accomplished much this morning. Perhaps we should have gone for the all day Kindergarten after all.

5 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Love the pics!

Juli said...

Awww, these are beautiful photos. I feel homesick now.

Shady Lady said...

What great photos!

sheila said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh that dancing in the kitchen photo is just awesome!!!!!!

Looks like a very beautiful visit all the way around!

LL Cool Joe said...

What a great set of photos! It looks like a wonderful visit for everyone involved.

Yeah it's back to reality here too.