Sunday, May 17, 2009

Laughter Returns

The doc team was in again this morning. They ordered some more blood work and an echo cardiogram to make sure that her heart valves have not been affected by the (strep A)infection. She will also have bone scan today to determine of there are any other joints or bones that are infected. Tomorrow the picc line will be placed and I will be taught how to care for the line and give medications through the line at home.

Speaking of home... If all of the tests come back with good results and there are no problems with the picc line placement she will be able to go home Tuesday, possibly Monday but we've learned all about hospital time so Tuesday seems more likely and at this point I would hate to rush out of here too early and be sorry later.

Mae is looking forward to more visitors today and someone is (hopefully) bringing a card reader so I will be able to upload some photos. Yay! I am such a visual person so not being able to post photos has been difficult because really she looks good and I want everyone to see that her spirits are up and she is improving day by day. Last night we watched a movie and it was the first time in days that I heard her laugh. It was the most rewarding sound this Mama could hear after days of listening to her cry (understandably) of leg pain and blood draws and botched IV placements.

8 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better!

Ann Imig said...

Great News! Home will never feel sweeter for everyone, I'm sure.

skyewriter said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know things aren't as uncertain as they were.

Keep the good thoughts!

Unknown said...

Keep laughing! ;)

Bonnie Domrois said...

Good for Mae! She's such a tough cookie. I'm glad she's getting better.

Momma Bear said...

Glad to hear there's laughter for you momma!

Sidhe said...

Sounds like both of you are feeling a lot better and I'm glad to hear it! Take care.

Shady Lady said...

Great news!! Glad to hear Mae is getting better and will be home soon. What a relief. And laughter of a child, one of my favorite sounds.