Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh It's Green Alright

Hubby is on cloud nine, he's thrilled and beyond words. No, were not expecting another child and we didn't win the lottery. No, he bought a new toy to add to his growing collection of things that need batteries, oil and gas.
We had a perfectly good ATV, but an offer we couldn't refuse came along so we bit... and bought. Actually we sold the old one for almost the same price as the brand new one, so it really was worth the trouble. The new ATV arrived Friday and ever since Hubby has been unable to locate. I'm sure he's out in the shed either ogling or adding the essentials, mainly a new winch and snow plow.

Friday night as I left for work, Hubby and his brother were packing up to take the girls and the new ATV over to their parents house to weld and take advantage of Grandma's night off allow Grandma to spend some quality time with her granddaughters and play with Grandma's new wii. I called after I got home and had a chance to wash off the cow shit stank shower to tell him that I would not be coming over, instead I chose to enjoy the peace and quiet with a glass of wine, a piece of quiche and a good book. He was okay with that because he was still high on the smell of new ATV plastic and quite excited about the plow mount he and his brother were fabricating. Then he says to me as if I really give a damn "Honey, you're really going to love this new plow mount." I then remind him that he banned me from plowing snow last December.
At least I had an evening of child free mommy time. Did I mention that this new ATV is Todd Palin green? Check it out.


Todd Palin on his green snowmobile

Hubby on his new green ATV


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish my husband had a useful hobby. Playing Fallout Boy on PlayStation just doesn't shovel the walk.

Ute said...

Boys and their toys. He truly looks happy. :)

rachel... said...

I love how he says "Honey, you're going to love this new plow mount..." almost as if it's for YOU. LOL

I'd be willing to agree to purchasing an ATV if it could get me a night home alone...

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

I agree with Rachel about the plow mount. He does look very happy with his new purchase.

leigh said...

My hubby would love a toy like that! And we don't even get snow! I'm jealous of your quiet glass of wine.

Shady Lady said...

Wow! That is green...and isn't he so proud of it! What? You mean the totally awesome snow plow just doesn't do it for you? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, my husband would love that. Hey, what's the cow pooh thing about? Did I miss something?

Aliceson said...

melody,
I work at a dairy farm 2 nights a week.

http://feetoffthetable.blogspot.com/2009/01/last-night-at-farm.html