Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Not Head Lice

Hooray!
So maybe I overreacted a little. Maybe it wasn't necessary to put all of the hair clips and brushes in the dishwasher to disinfect, but man are they clean. Maybe I should have just listened to my Mommy instinct that tells me "kids are tough, she'll be fine."

Mae still has the rash and by this morning it was considerably worse, but no signs of creepy crawlies. So then, what? After debating on whether or not to send her to school, I called the pediatrician's office and decided to have her looked at. Doc says definitely not lice, just a virus. I probably could have waited til tomorrow, but we're supposed to get walloped with snow again tonight, up to 12 inches, so I am trying to get things done so I don't have to leave the house tomorrow.

Thanks Amy G and Wild Child for your rational advice. Now excuse me while I finish sterilizing hairbrushes.

3 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Yay! I'm glad it wasn't head lice! It's funny, I wasn't scratching during your last post, but I am now! HA!!

I hope her rash clears up quickly! Stay warm... send some of that snow this way, OK? lol

Wild Child said...

Hope the rest of the class gets cleared up, because it's not fun to worry. I hope you never, ever have to deal with it.

Glad you're getting your stuff done. I need to get some food shopping done tonight so I can bake and cook all day while stuck in with the snow. Oh, maybe I can blog some more.

Our kids' classes decided to have their holiday parties today because of the possible snow tomorrow. Good planning.

Unknown said...

hahahaha head lice are everywhere i don't know why they can survive in very cold place hahaha