Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Panty Liner For My Cell Phone

So my run of crappy luck the other day didn't end with me cleaning up Root Beer that sprayed all over my kitchen. I decided to take Mae to the Art Center so we could spend some quality time doing her favorite thing, art. We got there and the Artery studio was closed, so instead we walked around the galleries and checked out all of the art except for the largest most interesting gallery, because that too was closed for rotation. Go figure, maybe I should read the newsletter they send out instead of just looking at the pictures. After that I thought we would go to this cute little deli downtown and pick up some funky salads to go with dinner, but we got there 5 minutes after they closed. Luckily the best little chocolate truffle shop was only 2 doors down, so we popped in there (they were open) and each picked out a truffle to nibble on the way home. Oh and my cell phone died.

I swear this time I didn't drop it into a swimming pool, it just stopped working. I took it in this morning to the cell phone store where the guy behind the counter says "Oh, it looks like your warranty expired on the 5th." As in February 5, just 6 days ago. Son-of-a-bitch! He did a few things, handed it back to me and said "here, it works now, and for future reference you need to turn off your phone occasionally, that's why it didn't work." Oh, I'm the dumbass, sorry. Well turns out it wasn't me because as I walked out of the store I tried to call my voicemail and retrieve all of the messages that I couldn't get before because apparently I don't know how to operate my phone, and to my delight the damn thing shut off again. Like a big F-you. I marched back into the store, handed the guy my phone and said "here, she don't work." Before I even had time to haul my extra bitchy out of my purse, he agreed to replace my phone with no charge. Now I just have to remove all of those plastic screen protecting stickers they put on new phones. Reminds me of those nasty liners that are in swimsuits when you try them on at the store. Ick!

And we got our tax refund today, things are looking up!

9 comments:

Out in Them Sticks said...

Well, I'm glad they agreed to give you a new phone! Geez!! And glad to hear things are looking up again too.

Debbie said...

A tax refund? You lucky duck. And I'm glad to hear they stood behind the phone - finally.

Unknown said...

I kind of have a disturbing fetish for removing protective plastic from new electronics. My husband likes to leave the plastic on, you know, for protection. I peel it off when he's not looking. :)

Sidhe said...

We moved into a house that my husband's grandparents had lived in for 16 years prior, those plastic protective films were on everything...it's like they were preserving their digital clocks, microwaves, stoves, etc...strange, very strange.

Ute said...

Oh my gosh, Kelly... I do too!!! :)

rachel... said...

This is weird. I love peeling those stickers off, too...

Any big plans for the refund???

Anonymous said...

Oh, that would have SO pissed me off. Glad ya got a new one though, that was 'mighty nice' of that guy too. Congrats on your refund check coming so soon! I'm hoping mine is right behind yours!

Aliceson said...

You ladies with the screen protector peeling fetish crack me up.

Rachel, I just plan to pay off some pesky bills and I've had my eye on a new grill pan. Hubby wants to buy a new ATV, but he's been told (by me) that he needs to get rid of the old one before we shell out the money for a new one... We'll see.

Banteringblonde said...

Funny! I just popped over from 5 Minutes site. I say take your tax refund and go stimulate the economy by buying something fun!