Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wardrobe Wednesday- The Neighbor's House

***Updated with a photo of the back.

So I may be cheating or just plain doin' it wrong, but after I spied this gem, I had to share. And to me siding on a house is like a wardrobe but more permanent. This isn't my neighbor's house, but I do know who lives next door, not that I asked for permission to take these photos or splash them online. Oh well, that hasn't stopped me before.

From what we can tell (we being me and the people who actually live next door to this beauty) the homeowner decided to re-side his house with leftover (scrap) pre-painted cement board siding. The siding can be painted over, but not in the winter for obvious reasons. So here she sits. I sure hope the homeowner got a discount.

front view


side view
back yard

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my word. Can you imagine living next to that. Makes my Clampett fest outside look pretty good1

skyewriter said...

It kind of reminds me of a crazy quilt.

I'll bet they got materials for a deal.

It may be an eyesore for a while, but I have to say kudos to them for pre-cycling and saving some bucks at the same time.

Shady Lady said...

I'm all for recycling...heck, I'm turning into the recycle queen (but that's another story). Still, if it was me, I would have waited to reside during a season when I could have painted right away. That is definitely a look!

Ute said...

Gee, isn't that lovely! LOL
Thanks for sharing with us... I promise I won't tell the neighbor.

rachel... said...

I don't know... I have always been partial to stripes...

Unknown said...

On the blog Sweet Juniper, Jim has taken photos of a house in Detroit that has done this same thing. Of course, in Detroit it looks like a hip, urban renewal art project.

I love the recycling. Maybe they plan to paint it? You could suggest some nice neutral colors, like lime green or orange. ;)

Momma Bear said...

huh not sure how i feel about this one. its kind of cool and kind of scary. great post nonetheless:)

Anonymous said...

I think it's kinda artsy... :0)

Wild Child said...

Hmmm reminds me a bit of this over at sweet juniper, which I see Kelly already referenced. But I think the "power house" has much more potential than this funny neighbor. Here's to seeing spring soon so your friend can hope for a new paint job.

(oooo, I'm so proud of myself. I did my first HTML tag for a link and it looks good!)

Aliceson said...

Wow Wild Child nice link! I am impressed with your HTML skills!

Banteringblonde said...

THAT is awesome!!!! So glad they aren't my neighbors! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. LOL. that's so disturbing! lol.What the hell were they thinking??????? DUH

Out in Them Sticks said...

I have to say, I appreciate the recycling effort! Maybe a little foresight into the timing would have been better... but all in all I give it a thumbs up!

Sidhe said...

Did I mention that I kind of like it?

(again with the verification words...pixedebo???)