Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Veggie Egg Rolls


assembled

I'm a sucker for good Chinese food so I thought I would make a bunch of egg rolls and freeze them to go with a fried rice meal to be named later. I found this recipe for pork egg rolls and just omitted the pork and added extra cabbage and mushrooms. Also, during the assembly process I used a slurry of corn starch and water to seal the wrappers instead of just plain water- makes the seal a bit stronger because the juices from the veggies try to seep out.

I also used the egg rolls skins to make mozzarella sticks the other night to go with a pizza. I just rolled up a piece of string cheese inside the wrapper and baked them on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 10 minutes, turning once. Yummy, and oozy and delicious. The kids loved it!

6 comments:

rachel... said...

Aliceson, you are an inspiration! I wish I had the talent and motivation for cooking that you do!

Also, your letter is R! No funny business. :)

Unknown said...

I am notorious for mangling Chinese food recipes. They never turn out for me. I am in awe of your egg rolls. They look edible!

Anonymous said...

You are one smart eggroll! lol

skyewriter said...

Yummy!

Thanks for another great recipe.

Wild Child said...

So jealous, am going to have to try to make some.

Shady Lady said...

I miss eggrolls...
darn gluten!